MYTH: Baby Help can’t take my IRS refund if I file collectively with my new partner.

By DADvocacy™ | April 15, 2019

FACT: Baby Help Enforcement CAN take your IRS refund in case you are behind in your baby help funds—EVEN IF you file collectively with a brand new partner.

In truth, the IRS doesn’t discriminate between what portion of the refund is yours and what portion is your partner’s. As soon as the intercept happens, it should then be your burden to show up what portion of the return belonged to your partner when you want to attempt to get better that cash, and you’ve got a restricted timeframe to take action.

Your finest guess is to stay present in your baby help, and when you completely can’t make the complete funds, then communicate with a Dadvocacy legal professional about whether or not you qualify for a modification. If you’re behind in your baby help, you need to obtain a letter from the IRS known as a Discover of Offset which particulars how a lot you owe, explains that each one or a portion of your IRS refund has been taken, and instructs you to contact your native baby help company for additional info. You will have thirty days to contest the intercept when you imagine it’s incorrect or when you’ve got filed a joint return. It’s critically vital to take motion inside the acceptable timeframes and file a movement for aid or request a listening to.

The Florida Division of Income stories the names and present balances of past-due baby help payors to the IRS annually. Sometimes, by September of every yr, these names have been reported. To ensure that us to assist shield your partner from an IRS intercept, we’d like numerous acquire time, and it’s finest to name us by July to schedule your preliminary session with a view to focus on your tax refund for the next yr.

If you’re concerned in baby help or custody litigation, or when you imagine your IRS refund has been improperly intercepted, contact an skilled Dadvocacy legal professional to take steps to get better your IRS refund and shield future IRS refunds at 305-371-7640.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button